You’ve probably been handling digital online content creation in-house and learning as you go. Smart companies eventually come to two conclusions:
- The process is not an efficient use of staff time. Asking one person to do it takes a big chunk of their work day or (worse) they neglect online creation to tend to other duties. Spreading it around results in an inconsistent feel and lower quality.
- Online content is too important to handle in such an ad hoc way, and it is time to outsource.
If your thinking is heading this way, here are a few clues that you are on the right track:
- Your online digital content is not as good as it needs to be
Digital marketing, including video blogging, has exploded. Your business needs to be producing videos that are engaging, clicked on, shared and buzzed about. Why? Because that is exactly what your most successful competitors are doing.
Quality is important for customer impact and SEO. You want to be known for useful content presented in a professional, easy-to-digest way, in other words, high-quality video. Search engines are getting better and better at looking at quality; so good video needs to be part of your SEO strategy.
- Creating video content is taking too much time
You will know when demand for content is outstripping your in-house ability to provide it. It comes down to stress on staff, loss of focus on content and strategy, and an always-behind feeling. Outsourcing professional on-line content creation not only eases a burden on staff but also energizes your employees as online marketing starts of pay off more than it ever has in the past.
- You need to streamline and support your marketing team
Outsourcing digital content is a typical sign of a healthy, growing company. Marketing now has a single vendor to turn to not only for content but also for strategic collaboration and ever more finely-tuned management and interpretation of analytics. Your marketing team gets smarter, faster and happier rather than burned out or overwhelmed by the demands of a growing business.
- You recognize you need higher-quality, more customized online content.
The product experts in your company are not necessarily the best communicators or the most comfortable with creating online content, an area that is almost always way outside their comfort zone. Yet according to Entrepreneur.com, two-thirds of consumers say their buying decisions are influenced by custom online content. It pays to present yourself as an expert and to do so in a high-quality manner, both in content and production values. Don’t leave that to your in-house product experts. Bring on the communication pros who will research your target audience and create unique content specifically for them.
Outsourcing responsibility for high-quality custom video content is a smart way to get better ROI from marketing and release your best experts to focus on product development.